*Please note that details of specific events are on Facebook and are updated more often there*
**All events require pre-registration for planning purposes and space restriction. Events are subject to cancellation if registration is low. No drop-ins please**
*** I have purposefully kept my prices low. If you are financially restricted and would like to receive a service or participate in an event, contact me directly to discuss scholarship or alternative options.***
Offerings include one on one options, sacred circles, death cafes, children and nature events, and workshops. Information about updated offering for 2021 is coming soon.
One on One Client Options
Please see Private Client Information tab for offerings and pricing): http://ignitewell-being.com/private-client-information/
Sex Nerd Book Club:
• February 22nd 630-8pm Central (Virtual). Book: Shameless by Nadia Bolz-Weber.
• March 22nd 630-8pm Central (Virtual). Book: Becoming Cliterate by Laurie Mintz
• April 19th 630-8pm Central (Virtual). Book: Not Always in the Mood by Sarah Hunter Murray
• May 17th 630-8pm Central (Virtual). Book: Odes by Sharon Olds
• June 21st 630-8pm Central (Virtual). Book: Big Big Love by Hanne Blank
The book club events are free (love donations are welcome) and open to all genders. The size is limited. To register, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional books under consideration are: Tell Me What you Want by Justin LeMiller, Ethical Porn for Dicks by David Ley, Consent: The New Rules of Sex Education by Jennifer Lang, and Beyond the Gender Binary by Alok Vaid-Menon. If you have a request for a book club focused on a specific book or topic related to sexual well-being, please email me. For these books as well as others that I recommend, please see https://bookshop.org/shop/Ignitewell-being
Shamanic Practice Information Sessions:
• Introduction to Journeying - March 4th 7-830pm Central (Virtual)
Past sessions covered introduction to shamanic practice, relationship to plants, and death and dying. This session will focus on the basics of journeying, a 15 min journey, self-reflection and sharing and is based off core shamanic practice techniques.
$15/household (via venmo or quickpay/zelle; if you need to pay via Paypal, please contact me so that we can discuss additional fees)
Size is limited and pre-registration is required 48 hrs before the event by emailing Allison at email@example.com. Zoom details will be sent out within 12-24 hrs prior to the event.
• This is a newer offering, recently opened to the public. We explore what pleasure means (and its synonyms - joy, eroticism, embodiment); discuss sexuality education topics and the importance of sexual wellness, as well as framing pleasure/joy/sex as social justice issues. Pleasure cafe is open to adults only secondary to the adult content discussed. This offering compliments our Death Cafes (see below), and like the death cafes, we hope that discussion will lead to consciousness-rising, mindfulness, and a more full, holistic way of being. Participants must complete a group session agreement prior to participation and are expect to maintain confidentiality of and safety within our shared space. Participants are welcome to complete a post-assessment survey of their experience. These events are free, but love donations are welcome and appreciated.
• January 30th, 4-530pm (Central), Virtual, Womxn only
• February 13th, 4-530pm (Central), Virtual, All genders
• February 27th, 4-530pm (Central), Virtual, Womxn only
This offering aligns with my professional role as a sexuality counselor. If you are interested in one-on-one counseling sessions or in related workshops, please email me.
WILD Woman Project Circle
• Feb 14th 2-330pm Central (Virtual)
• March 14th 2-330pm Central (Virtual)
Beginning in April, our circles will resume partnership with The Resiliency Institute, via an online platform. Details and registration information are coming soon.
Please email me to register at firstname.lastname@example.org. Early registration is recommended and size is limited. $15/each (payable through venmo or quickpay/zelle; if paying through paypal, please contact me to discuss additional fees)
Additional information here: http://ignitewell-being.com/additional-information-on-wild-offerings/
• February 10th 630-8pm Central (Virtual)
• February 24th 130-230pm Central (Virtual)
We are now facilitating Death Cafes (for more information see https://deathcafe.com/) Although death cafes are typically conducted in-person, we are meeting virtually to make this service accessible during this particularly potent time (COVID-19). Pre-registration is required by emailing me: email@example.com. Our Death Cafes are typically Tuesdays or Wednesdays and alternate between evening and daytime offerings.
Wild Family Circle
• TBD, likely July 2021
For 2021, we anticipate offering these family circles once quarterly, covid-depending. Please stay tuned. Additional information is here: http://ignitewell-being.com/additional-information-on-feathering-the-nest/
Naperville Family Nature Meetup
• On hold secondary to rising covid-19 numbers
We will meet at a local park, allow the children to explore and hike and play.
For more details or to register, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is free. Additional information: http://ignitewell-being.com/additional-information-on-naperville-family-nature-clubs/
Free Forest School
• On hold locally and nationally for COVID-19
Please register on our local Facebook page (Free Forest School of Chicagoland) and complete their waiver form. This event is free. You are welcome to leave the event early if the timing is restrictive for your child’s needs. Additional information: http://ignitewell-being.com/additional-information-on-naperville-family-nature-clubs/