We are monthly for book club, focusing on books related to sexuality and sex-positivity. Books are neutral mediums that can make discussion about sensitive topics, such as sexuality, easier.
Upcoming books planned for our book club are as follows:
- Tongue Tied, Untangling Communication in Sex, Kink, and Relationships by Stella Harris, July 2022
- Ethical Slut by Dossie Easton, Aug 2022
Additional books under consideration are: Naked At Our Age by Joan Price, Beyond the Gender Binary by Alok Vaid-Menon, You’re the Only One I’ve Told by Dr. Meera Shah, and Tell Me About the Last Time You Had Sex by Ian Kerner.
We have discussed:
- Come As You Are (by Emily Nagoski in Jan 2021),
- Shameless (by Nadia Bolz-Weber in Feb 2021),
- Becoming Cliterate (by Laurie Mintz in March 2021),
- Not Always in the Mood (by Sarah Hunter Murray, April 2021),
- Odes (by Sharon Olds, May 2021),
- Big Big Love (by Hanna Blank, June 2021),
- Stolen Women (by Dr. Gail Wyatt, July 2021),
- Polysecure (by Jessica Fern, Aug 2021),
- Existential Kink (by Carolyn Elliot, Sept 2021),
- Enjoy Sex (by MJ Barker, Oct 2021),
- The Art of Receiving and Giving (by Betty Martin, November 2021)
- Sexual Fluidity (by Lisa Diamond December 2021)
- What Fresh Hell is This (by Heather Corinna, Jan 2022)
- Tell Me What You Want (by Justin LeMiller, Feb 2022)
- The Handi Book of Love, Lust, and Disability (by Handi, March 2022)
- The Body Is Not an Apology (by Sonya Renee Taylor, April 2022)
- Strange Bedfellows (by Ina Park, May 2022)
- Ethical Porn for Dicks (by David Ley, June 2022)
The size of our book club is limited to 10 participants. To register, please email me at email@example.com.
If you have a request for a book club focused on a specific book or topic related to sexual well-being, please email me. For these books as well as others that I recommend, please see https://bookshop.org/shop/Ignitewell-being
For the date and time of our next book club, see: Events and Services Summary – Ignite Well-Being (ignitewell-being.com)
Please note that previously, this book club used the names Sex Nerd and Let’s Talk About Sex book club. Thank you for your patience as we work to fit a name to our community.
Not Always in the Mood by Sarah Hunter Murray: http://ignitewell-being.com/not-always-in-the-mood/
All About Love by bell hooks: http://ignitewell-being.com/all-about-love-a-book-review/
Foxfire, Wolfskin by Sharon Blackie: http://ignitewell-being.com/foxfire-wolfskin-a-book-review/
Books on Sobriety and Recovery http://ignitewell-being.com/books-on-sobriety-and-recovery/
Books on Gender and Sexual Wellness http://ignitewell-being.com/books-on-gender-and-sexual-wellness/
Find my bookshop, full of these books and more, here: Ignite Well-being Bookshop
I get a nominal amount for the recommendation that resulted in your purchase of the book.
More resources to consider for your own well-being, re-wilding journey here: Recommended Resources – Ignite Well-Being (ignitewell-being.com)
Picture is copyright protected by Jana Blue Photography (https://www.janabluephotography.com/), taken at The Resiliency Institute